Show us and the NosTale community your creativity! Take part in the Act 7 themed Fan Art Contest with works of art you’ve drawn and painted yourself.
Use Moritius island and all its inhabitants as the template for your drawing. Have your character, monsters or other NPCs interact with each other in anyway you can imagine, or surprise us with an idea of your very own!
Here’s what you could win:
Here’s how the Fan Art Contest works:
Please also note our Terms and Conditions.
The winning pictures will be published in the NosTale forum and on our social media pages.
We look forward to seeing your artwork and hope you have lots of fun!
The NosTale Team
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following conditions govern the course of the 'Fan Art Contest' (hereafter 'contest') as organized by Gameforge 4D GmbH, Albert-Nestler-Strasse 8, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany (hereafter 'Gameforge').
Eligibility, Participants and Participation
(1) Participation in the contest is free. All users of full age, who comply with the requirements of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Use, and who have a personal, active account (‘account’) for nostale.gameforge.com are eligible to enter.
(2) A ‘participant’ is any person entitled to participate as per (1) who participates as described in (3) in the between 11th December 2019 and 5th January 2020, 11:59 PM CET (‘participation period’).
(3) The subject of the contest is the independent creation of an artwork, which depicts at least one specific element for the Akt7 Update (‘artwork’) as well as the submission of the photo within the participation period as per the following guidelines (‘entry’):
a) The artwork, which should be in .jpg or .png format, have a resolution of at least 1920x1080 pixels and should not exceed a maximum size of 5 MB, must be sent to [email protected] from the email address associated with the account using the subject line 'Fan Art Contest'.
b) The email should also include the character name belonging to the account, and the associated game server and community. It should also indicate whether and by which additional or alternative identification the participant wishes to be identified as the creator of the artwork as part of the presentation (as per 2(3)), should they win. If no provision is made for this, the participant consents that the character name they provided is sufficient and permissible as an identifier. Should the participant prefer to eschew any form of identification, they may indicate as such in their entry.
(4) Each participant is permitted only one entry. Entries submitted outside of the participation period as well as multiple entries, including entries linked to different accounts, will not be considered.
Winners and Prizes
(1) Gameforge will select a total of 10 artworks from amongst all eligible entries based on their creativity and originality. The ‘winners’ are those participants who created these entries.
(2) Gameforge will announce the winners by 31st January 2020 via email, sent to the email address used for their entry (‘notification’).
(3) In recognition of their efforts, Gameforge may present the winners’ character names, game servers and community or the identification chosen as per 1(3)(b), as well as the respective artworks, on their own internet pages (including the NosTale Steam page and forum) and the presences maintained by Gameforge on the social networks Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (together the ‘Gameforge sites’) from 31st January 2020 (‘presentation’).
(4) The winners will also receive digital prizes as per the contest announcement, which Gameforge will attach to the parcel to the characters mentioned in the entry for the winners.
(5) A cash payment and/or payment of the prize in physical goods as well as an exchange and/or transfer of the prizes to third parties are all excluded.
Rights of Use and Indemnity
(1) For the purpose of participation in the contest, Gameforge grants the participant the free-of-charge, non-exclusive and revocable right to use the legally protected elements of NosTale required for creating the artwork as well as the artwork itself for the purposes of making their entry. Gameforge reserves all rights in as far as not expressly granted as usage rights by these Terms and Conditions.
(2) For the purposes of the presentation, the participant grants Gameforge the free-of-charge, non-exclusive and revocable right to use the artwork where required without limitation of time and place. This includes the right to reproduce and edit the artwork (esp. adjustments to format and image size), to make it accessible on the Gameforge sites and to provide the necessary rights to the affected platform providers.
(3) By submitting their entry, the participant provides assurance that they created the artwork themselves, guarantees that this does not infringe on the rights of third parties, and indemnifies Gameforge against all claims from third parties based on the infringement of third-party rights in connection with the entry.
(1) Gameforge will collect the personal data provided by the participants (including user data for the account, i.e. the associated character name and the email address as well as the form of identification chosen per 1(3)(b)) in accordance with data protection requirements and process this exclusively for the purposes of running the contest (this includes checking eligibility for participation and adherence to the rules (as per 6(2)), as well as the handover of the prizes, the provision of the notification and the presentation).
(2) The personal data collected will be stored for the duration of the contest and then subsequently deleted. The presentation which, for reasons of transparency is principally always kept permanently available for retrieval, will not be deleted. To the extent that legal retention requirements stipulate longer-term storage, the affected data will be deleted at the latest following the expiry of such obligations and will only be processed for the purposes of compliance.
Gameforge, its bodies, employees, and subcontractors are liable exclusively for wilful intent and gross negligence, regardless of legal basis, and in cases of ordinary negligence, only for the violation of essential contractual obligations and limited to foreseeable damages, as far as not precluded by other compulsory statutory provisions. These limitations do not apply for the loss of life, personal injury or damage to health.
(1) The participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions by submitting their entry.
(2) In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Standard Terms and Conditions of Use also apply (together the ‘rules’).
(3) Should a participant infringe upon the rules during the execution of the contest, or such an infringement be proven thereafter, Gameforge may revoke their eligibility to participate.
(4) Gameforge reserves the right to end the contest before the end of the participation period, should an important reason arise. An important reason would in particular be if the proper execution of the contest cannot be guaranteed for technical or legal reasons.
(5) The contractual relationship is governed by German law to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the referral regulations of international private law. If the participant has as his usual domicile a location in another country within the European Union during the extent of the contest, the validity of the strictly applicable legal regulations of the country in question shall remain unaffected by the choice of law made in the prior sentence.
(6) In the event that any individual provision of these conditions becomes ineffective, the remaining provisions shall remain effective and binding. The unenforceable provision shall be substituted for the relevant statutory provision.