Many of you have already been preparing yourselves for days… and now the event servers are ready to launch! Grab your weapons and get ready for battle!
Start: Friday, 22nd November 2019
End: Friday, 31st January 2020
Event servers will be launched for each of the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
- United Arab Emirates
Here’s what’s waiting for you on the event servers:
From 29th November: The Battle of the Five Shrines
Play your part in the new PvP event: conquer shrines, defend them against the other kingdoms and collect weekly buff rewards! The Battle of the Five Shrines runs twice per week on the event server and gives you a chance to earn a ton of rank points.
- Start: Monday, 10:00 AM
- End: Thursday, 11:00 PM
- Start: Friday, 10:00 AM
- End: Sunday, 11:00 PM
How the PvP battle works:
From level 30, players can take part in the battle with the Call of the Shrines access ticket. This can be purchased from the General Store Saleswoman for 50,000 Yang, and teleports you directly to the special island where the Battle of the Five Shrines takes place.
Once the battle begins, all three kingdoms must fight for control of the five shrines:
- In order to capture a shrine, it must first be destroyed. A 3-minute timer starts once it has been destroyed.
- The kingdom which has the most members nearby after 3 minutes will capture the shrine. The shrine then appears in the colour of the victorious kingdom.
- If a kingdom manages to defend a shrine for 3 hours, it will be strengthened, making it more difficult for the other kingdoms to destroy it.
- Shrines can be strengthened up to 3 times.
- If a shrine remains in a kingdom’s possession at the end of the game, a 5-day buff is activated for all victorious players. Each shrine provides a different buff.
- Only players who successfully took part in the battle will receive the buff.
The following shrines/buffs are available:
- Shrine of Energy (energy buff): Increases energy by 2
- Shrine of Fortune (item buff): Increases item drop rate by 10%
- Shrine of Power (stats buff): Increases strength, intelligence, vitality and dexterity by 3
- Shrine of Wealth (Yang buff): Increases Yang drop rate by 10%
- Shrine of Illumination (bonus buff): Increases costume bonuses by 3%
Open World PvP
Draw your weapons and prepare to cross swords – the following areas of the event server will be turned into PvP zones. Only players in the respective level range will be able to earn rank points there. Additionally, it is not possible to earn points for killing players from your own kingdom.
- Zone 1, Map 2 (Level 25-45)
- Zone 2 (Level 46-65)
- Zone 3 (Level 66-79)
- Zone 4 (Level 80-89)
- Zone 5 (Level 90-120)
New Ranking System
You’ll earn rank points for PvP activities in the Battle of the Five Shrines and the special PvP zones. All players’ rank points will be published on the Metin2 website and updated every day at midnight, so you can see each day how high you’ve climbed in the rankings! The following information will be displayed:
- Character Name
- Rank Points
- No. of players killed (this number is decisive in case of a tie between two players)
The following amount of rank points can be earned:
- PvP Zone 1 (Level 25-45): 10/10/10 points per kill
- PvP Zone 2 (Level 46-65): 20/20/30 points per kill
- PvP Zone 3 (Level 66-79): 30/40/40 points per kill
- PvP Zone 4 (Level 80-89): 40/40/50 points per kill
- PvP Zone 5 (Level 90-120): 50/60/70 points per kill
- Capturing a shrine: 50/70/100 points (for all players of the kingdom who were in range of the shrine when captured)
- Strengthening a shrine: 20/40/80 points (for all players of the kingdom taking part in the current battle)
Rank point periods:
- 1: 22.11.2019 - 27.12.2019, 23:59
- 2: 28.12.2019 - 16.01.2020, 23:59
- 3: 17.01.2020 - 31.01.2020, 23:59
- Spirit of the Tiger (only applicable on the event server)
- Metin stones and bosses on regular servers will drop the new Spirit of the Tiger item which allows you to earn 20% more rank points on the event server. The buff applies to your entire Metin2 account and lasts for 10 minutes once activated.
- Strength of the Tiger (only applicable on regular servers)
- Metin stones and bosses on the event server will drop the new Strength of the Tiger item which allows you to inflict 80% more PvE damage on regular servers. The buff applies to your entire Metin2 account and lasts for 10 minutes once activated.
Event Currency: Tiger Coins
- During the event, a new currency will be activated in the item shop: Tiger Coins. You can earn these for your participation in the new ranking system, and they can be used to purchase special rewards.
- Event server boosts:
- +100% more EXP
- +100% increased drop chance
- +100% more Yang
- More Metin stones on regular and event servers
- … and much more!
Enjoy the event!
The Metin2 Team