‘Catch the King’ is back! The exciting card game will test your little grey cells, offering rewards for your skill in the form of valuable Bronze, Silver and Golden King’s Loot. Hunt down monsters to collect King Cards, or pick up the Card Packs in the item shop – get started straight away!
- Start: 18th February 2021 at 0:00 AM CET
- End of King Card drops: 4th March 2021 at 11:59 PM CET
- Event end: 5th March 2021 at 11:59 PM CET
Starting the Game
Hunt down monsters to collect King Cards. Together 25 King Cards make up a King Deck, with which you can play a game of Catch the King. The Card Packs in the item shop also contain lots of King Cards.
Aim of the Game
Reveal as many cards as possible and collect points. Catch the king in one go on the very last move to pick up 100 points at once. If you earn at least 10 points, you can redeem a prize at the end of the game.
You can wager up to 5 King Decks each time you play, earning the same number of chests in reward. Please note: The number of cards you play with is fixed; it is not influenced by the number of decks you wager. Once the game has started, you cannot reclaim the King Decks you have wagered.
How to Play
- You always start with the lowest card. An arrow indicates which card can be selected.
- By clicking on the card it will appear in the 'My Card' slot. In subsequent turns, cards of the same value will be moved automatically.
- Turn over any face-down card on the game board and compare it to your own.
- If your card is greater, you will receive points equal to the value of the revealed card and you can turn over another card on the board.
- If the cards are the same value, you receive the points and your turn is over. Play continues with a new card from your deck.
- If your card's value is lower, you don't receive any points. Your turn is over and play continues with a new card.
- If your card is a 5 and there is a face-down 5 neighbouring the card you reveal, your card will be captured. Your turn is over and you don't receive any points.
- If your card is the king (K) and you catch the king on the board in exactly one move, you receive 100 points. The game ends after this move.
- Bingo! If you reveal all cards in a row, you receive 10 extra points.
- If you've earned at least 10 points, you can collect your prize by clicking on 'Your Reward'.
- Cards with the value 1 capture: 1
- Cards with the value 2 capture: 1, 2
- Cards with the value 3 capture: 1, 2, 3
- Cards with the value 4 capture: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Cards with the value 5 capture: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Cards with the value K capture: K
- Revealed card is 1: +10 points
- Revealed card is 2: +20 points
- Revealed card is 3: +30 points
- Revealed card is 4: +40 points
- Revealed card is 5: +50 points
- Revealed card is K: +100 points
- Revealing all cards in a row: +10 points
- More King Decks may be found among the King's Loot. Make sure to open the prize before the end of the event, as all King Cards and Decks will then disappear and you'll come away empty-handed.
- If you log out or leave the map while playing Catch the King, you'll forfeit your reward.